Used Pasquini Livia 90 with water flow issue

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
maarek

#1: Post by maarek »

I recently purchased a Livia 90 Semi-Auto at an estate sale. It was amazingly clean with barely a scratch on it. I was told it wasn't used much but have no idea when it was purchased. I brought it home, filled it with RO water and turned it on. After that I heard a click, the lights came on, even the pump started but the green light wouldn't come on and stay on nor the heating light turn on. The pump eventually stops after a minute or two and then nothing happens.

I popped open the case and checked the tubes around the pump. The pump is an Ulka EAP5 vibe pump. Upon inspection, I noticed that water isn't being pulled through the pump. I'm thinking it's the pump so I check the voltage across the pump while on and it's at 120V. Guess that's why it's turning on eh? :D Next I pull the pump out without removing any brass fittings (they aren't necessarily easy to remove...). I take the pump apart and it's completely clean with no scale.

Now I'm sort of at a loss of what to check next. The 3 way valve that the pump feeds into or is that the OPV? Is there a schematic for the Livia 90? Are there proceedures to follow or any resources on how to test the components with a multimeter? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

Sometimes you need to prime the pump. Fill a turkey baster with water and force feed the pump, if that's the problem it will start pumping and all will be well.

Ira

maarek (original poster)

#3: Post by maarek (original poster) »

That was exactly it! The turkey baster couldn't keep up but blowing water through helped. Also found out how to short the sensor so that I didn't have to keep it hooked up to the tank by connecting the tank side connector to the metal bracket connector. That helped a lot.

forbeskm

#4: Post by forbeskm »

A very clean machine for an estate sale, post some pics so we can check out your find.

I have had pump priming problems on my Salvatore rebuild as well, annoying but glad to hear it was an easy fix!