LIDO 2 Dosing Funnel Ideas - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
weebit_nutty

#11: Post by weebit_nutty »

Almico wrote:I've been using an Aeropress funnel for my 49mm La Pavoni Pro basket.

<image>
My problem with using the aeropress funnel is that it drops all the way down to the bottom of the basket. lifting it out disturbs the leveling, so you have to redistribute and level, which takes a little more finesse than just shaking side side and lifting off dosing funnel.
A good dosing funnel would sit on the rim and only protrude into the basket a few mm at most.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Almico

#12: Post by Almico replying to weebit_nutty »

I find that, after removing the funnel, a few vertical taps of the basket on the counter levels the dose most of the way, leaving a shallow mound that is completely leveled during tamping. I get very solid pucks and have not found a reason to change my method.

Advertisement
weebit_nutty

#13: Post by weebit_nutty »

Almico wrote:I find that, after removing the funnel, a few vertices taps of the basket on the counter levels the dose most of the way, leaving a shallow mound that is completely leveled during tamping. I get very solid pucks and have not found a reason to change my method.
That's cool. If it works for you then by all means why change, right? The AP funnel never worked well for me (although it comes in handy for lots of other things!). Equipment also plays a role in how one preps. The value here is our sharing of ideas... So if something doesn't work for someone, having other solutions to try is always a plus.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?