Upgrade from La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 - La Marzocco Linea Mini or other? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Beezer

#11: Post by Beezer »

Both of those grinders are very nice, though for the same money I'd go for the conical K10 Pro Barista, as long as you don't mind having a doser. The debate between doser and doserless grinders rages on, but doser grinders tend to be a bit cheaper for the same motor and burrs. Doserless grinders can have some issues with grind retention and clumping (though not all doserless grinders have these problems), so I tend to prefer the doser version of most grinders.
Lock and load!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by JohnB. »

Hard to go wrong with the K30 Vario. I'm restoring & updating an older K30 to use along with my K10 WBC. No experience with the K8 Fresh but it looks like a nice grinder. Are you set on an electronic doserless grinder? Do you single dose?
LMWDP 267

Advertisement
jeffb (original poster)

#13: Post by jeffb (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

Have owned Mazzer Mini and La Cimbali Jr, both with Dosers and thinking (?) I would like to try Doserless? The doser seems to allow more grounds everywhere on my counter...nothing to compare to and could just be the La Cimbali presently or ? I do single dose.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by JohnB. »

Since you do single dose I'd definitely add the K10 P/B to your list as Beezer advised. The P/B isn't a messy grinder & with a few simple mods there is very little retention.
LMWDP 267

Beezer

#15: Post by Beezer »

+1. And doserless grinders are often messier than dosers, since the coffee can spray all over the place without a doser to hold it.
Lock and load!

Marshall

#16: Post by Marshall replying to Beezer »

Never have had any spraying with my K30 Vario. It all goes straight into the basket, just as it does at a thousand coffee bars.
Marshall
Los Angeles

jeffb (original poster)

#17: Post by jeffb (original poster) replying to Marshall »

Thank You, do you single dose?

Jeff

Advertisement
Marshall

#18: Post by Marshall »

jeffb wrote:Thank You, so you single dose
No. I tried it, but the results in the cup were too variable from the popcorning.
Marshall
Los Angeles

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by JohnB. replying to Marshall »

Another good reason to consider the K10 PB. No issues when single dosing probably because there is little if any popcorning.
LMWDP 267