Used La Pavoni Professional without safety valve arm?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jmishal

#1: Post by jmishal »

Hi again ,

well as mentioned before that I just purchased a La Pavoni Professional (used one).
but after I double check and comparison with the other "la pavoni" found it did not contain the safety valve arm.

but the machine contain the valve Boiler (see the below pic) I also.. not face any issue yet :)

My question is: Is there any problem if it was a safety valve arm not connect !! and what the benefit of it.

crazy4espresso

#2: Post by crazy4espresso »

Hello,
The valve looks to be there. Your machine is missing the piece that goes around the valve which serves to channel any water that may escape down to the front an onto the drip tray. It is not essential to operation.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

forbeskm

#3: Post by forbeskm »

Espresso care has them for 30 bucks. I'll look to see if have one kicking around but I think I used my last one.

https://www.espressocare.com/products/i ... drain-tube

forbeskm

#4: Post by forbeskm »

I forgot to add if its a pressure-stat machine, not so much an issue as it will not sputter water unless it over heats. If its a two switch model without the pressure-stat, it will dump water down the side and maybe out at you which is very bad as its extremely hot and the drain tube contains the spray. Either way, its steam burn risk, I'd get a replacement, it takes 2 minutes to install.