Vibiemme JR HX won't heat, pressurestat? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
erics
Supporter ★

#11: Post by erics »

The probe would come up a few inches, the white plastic collar would stay in place, and then the probe felt like it would stick. No matter what it would only come up so high and not completely out.
That is indicative of, but not necessarily a guarantee, that the end of the probe has a scale build-up. The pic below IS NOT your probe assembly but the parts are similar.

The Teflon tube which isolates the probe from electrical ground is not easily removed. When the nut is tightened, the middle of the Teflon tube takes the shape of the internal 1/8" BSPP female threads and thus it can be "unscrewed" carefully. You could also try to remove the entire assembly.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

Is the key in the ignition for that road trip ? :D
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
fishll (original poster)

#13: Post by fishll (original poster) »

I wish I could swing the road trip. But who knows?? As for the probe I was assuming there was scale not allowing it to come free. I did have the top nut completely off. I will try removing the bottom fitting as well later today.
Again thank you for the help so far.

fishll (original poster)

#14: Post by fishll (original poster) »

Ok I was able to get the probe out. I cleaned it up it did have some deposits on the end. Also it was sharp as if cut with shears not sure if that was just from the factory or what? It doesn't appear to be broken because of such a clean sharp edge.

I then drained the boiler and reinstalled the probe. When the machine turned on the boiler light flashes and nothing. A few moments later the pump kicked in to fill the boiler. As the pressure gauge rose I turned the machine off and manually release the pressure out the safety valve at the top of the boiler.

So it appears the boiler is still overfilling even with a clean probe.

Any ideas?