Latte art - is everyone doing it? - Page 3

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
keno

#21: Post by keno »

[creative nickname] wrote:But, this week I will probably get something like this instead:
Awesome, perfect latte art for Halloween! :wink:

akiley

#22: Post by akiley »

I agree with others that say the texture and taste are enhanced by high end microfoam. There may be an element of "I'm getting sick of this latte art stuff" out in the wild. I talked to barista once that felt that way. For me, what else are you going to do with the time you are already spenting frothing and pouring milk? Try to make it worse?

Like other, I often resort to humor when it goes wrong.

kmw

#23: Post by kmw »

akiley wrote:
Do you play Pokemon? Looks like some Latte fan art... :D

CrabRangoon

#24: Post by CrabRangoon »

brianl wrote:same. I make 'art' for my better half's cortados. She likes the 'abstract' designs I come up with :lol:
Same here! I make more "plump butts" than I do hearts, and we enjoy them just fine.
If I have it my way, the top of the drink is monotone with no prominent evidence of foam (even if a foam layer is seen through the side of a glass). I only make cortados and what I would call a flat white, never a big foamy capp or latte.
LMWDP #505

Chert

#25: Post by Chert »

I get the chance to pour latte most mornings for my wife. I enjoy the process, even if my results are often fairly suboptimal.

LMWDP #198

gyro

#26: Post by gyro »

Kids still prefer stencilled hot chocolate, but my wife demands rosettas - so I normally do tulips!