New Duo Coffee Steeper

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
keno

#1: Post by keno »

Just saw this today and thought it might be of interest: There's A New Coffee Maker In Town For The Design Nerds

ira
Team HB

#2: Post by ira »

I have one, When I saw it at SCAA I thought it was really clever. Very french pressish but keeps the grounds separate from the coffee after brewing. It's a lot of pieces to clean and only brews a few cups. I've only used it twice because it makes more than I usually want. Seems to allow a fair amount of sediment at the bottom of a cup though I think part of that is my not yet figuring out both the proper grind setting and the proper brewing procedure. It seems like an aeropress filter might fit under the lower filter if you want a cleaner cup. I'll try that next time I use it. It is top rack dishwasher safe so easy to clean. The handle in the middle get's pretty hot, OK for me, but I'm not sure my wife would be willing to pour from it.

Ira

DavidMLewis

#3: Post by DavidMLewis »

And just how much does it produce? I may be going senile, but I was completely unable to find that on their web site.

Best,
David

ira
Team HB

#4: Post by ira »

in the real world, I'd guess enough for 2 people to have a cup of coffee. They recommend 40 grams of coffee for one pot.

I tried the aeropress filter and it was a complete failure.

Ira