Any other owners of the newly designed Quick Mill Alexia Evo out there?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
goodgrody

#1: Post by goodgrody »

Hi folks. This is my first post here, though I have enjoyed reading HB forums for quite some time now. I'm a long-time La Pavoni Europiccola user and finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase my first prosumer machine. Very excited about it and cannot wait for it to arrive in a few days time! After much deliberation, I went with the newest iteration of the Quick Mill Alexia sold at Chris Coffee. There is a wealth of discussion and reviews for the older model, but I'm curious if there are any folks who are familiar with this particular iteration? It's fairly similar to the previous model which had the option to install a PID, but this comes with it already installed and has a few additional bell's and whistles...

Here is the link from Chris Coffee: https://www.chriscoffee.com/Alexia-EVO-p/970-a-cevo.htm

Would be thrilled to nerd out with anybody else who owns one too. I'll try and post pics when I get it all set up.

Thanks in advance for any responses - and greetings! :D

Gaius

#2: Post by Gaius »

Just a hint, i was also in the market lately for the single boiler machine and then decided on double boiler, but if i would be in a market for a single boiler i would definitely look into ECM classica PID as well, its beautifully made and roughly in the same price bracket.

goodgrody (original poster)

#3: Post by goodgrody (original poster) »

Hey Gaj, yeah a dual boiler is certainly a great option, but I'm mostly a straight espresso drinker with the occasional macchiato/cappuccino and have limited counter space in kitchen so... single boiler seems the best option. Thanks for the ECM Classika tip...I actually had narrowed down my choices to that machine and the Alexia. The Alexia ultimately won by only a small margin... little details like the no-burn steam wand and easy access to the water tank gave it a slight edge to the ECM for me. Honestly, both would be great to own. Cheers!

yatesd

#4: Post by yatesd »

Welcome to the forum!

I'm happy with my QM and Chris Coffee buying experience. The Alexia looks like a really nice machine for the money!

goodgrody (original poster)

#5: Post by goodgrody (original poster) »

Thanks Doug!

Glad to know your enjoying your machine. I too was impressed with the buying experience at Chris Coffee. They are well known for excellent customer service and they certainly proved that to be true with my barrage of questions :D The Alexia is expected to arrive this Monday - cannot wait!