Looking for a used portafilter for La Pavoni Millenium

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
georich

#1: Post by georich »

anyone know where to pick up a used portafilter for a La Pavoni Millenium. I am looking for a cheap used one that I'll be able to cut the bottom out of without having to worry too much about screwing up in the process.. I've scoured the Internet and can only find things in the $100 range. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

forbeskm

#2: Post by forbeskm »

There is one on eBay for 82, not too much cheaper

wkmok1

#3: Post by wkmok1 »

Cafelat sells brand new ones for $85. I like mine, very well made.
Winston

homeburrero
Team HB

#4: Post by homeburrero »

wkmok1 wrote:Cafelat sells brand new ones for $85. I like mine, very well made.
And it is convertible so that you have bottomless with the option to put on spouts.

Used LP portafilters seem to have gotten a bit more affordable now that the Cafelat option is available, but they still aren't cheap and available. It's surprising how often a used Pavoni hits eBay or Craigslist with a missing portafilter.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

I have the Cafelat naked portafilter and like it a lot. The bottomless version is $85. The removable bottom and spout adds $25.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Intrepid510

#6: Post by Intrepid510 »

Just buy the convertible one from cafe let then sell your old portafilter on eBay so you don't have to spend much.

georich (original poster)

#7: Post by georich (original poster) »

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've seen the Cafelat & it seems like a decent option. My only criticism is that im not wild about the fact that the bottom edges of the portafilter drop significantly below the bottom of the portafilter basket (as far as I can tell from the photos), which may make an already challenging naked portafilter viewing situation (with the constraints of the Pavoni & all) even more so... I realize the Cafelat design is there for good reason so that the portafiler can accommodate the double shot attachment, but still, it's driving me crazy. Am I the only one staying up late, losing sleep over portafilters?..... It seems like home use Pavoni's are such a niche market, there just isnt' enough of a demand for more aftermarket naked portafilter competition that would drive down the price of these things. I'll probably wait another 3 weeks, spend countless hours online, and then either impusively buy an overpriced portafilter or take a drill to the one I have now at some asinine hour of the night. But hey, really what's to complain about, right?

Eastsideloco

#8: Post by Eastsideloco »

Don't overthink it. The time you'd spend online searching for a better value is worth more money than the Cafelat PF costs. $85 is a deal. And you'll be able to see the basket just fine.