Artisan reading -1.0 with voltcraft k204?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
NoStream

#1: Post by NoStream »

I'm hoping someone's fixed a similar issue.

I'm switching over from an amprobe 2 port datalogger to this Voltcraft K204 (equivalent to center 309 and a bunch of other dataloggers, I believe). After trying a bunch of drivers, I'm running the ones from Repleo on OSX 10.10, using a Sabrent USB-serial converter (Prolific 2303 chip). All the tests I've run outside Artisan (in terminal) indicate that the serial connection is working. (Previous drivers didn't get me this far.)

So I setup serial in Artisan, set the meter type (voltcraft k204), and turn on the meter. It doesn't spit out a bytes received error anymore, and it says scope monitoring, which is great. But my ET and BT are stuck at -1.0, so it doesn't seem like Artisan's actually registering any data. (Interestingly, I do get a 0 bytes received error when I turn the meter off.)

Do I need to somehow tell the Voltcraft to output data? Do I need to change its output port somehow? Anyone?

SAS
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by SAS »

Reset Artisan back to Factory. I'm not at my computer so look up how; it's one of the drop down choices.
Then configure Artisan just the way you like; starting with the Center 309 as the device.
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.

Advertisement
NoStream (original poster)

#3: Post by NoStream (original poster) replying to SAS »

That worked perfectly. Many thanks. :D