Help! Quickmill Andreja Steam Pressure Problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MountRoyal

#1: Post by MountRoyal »

I'm having pressure problems with my 2007 Quickmill Andreja Premium, I wonder if anybody has ideas before I go spending more money on parts! The problem is that when it heats up the pressure is no longer regulated, it continues heating to 3.0 bar and excess pressure leaks out the emergency pressure release valve. Naturally I shut it down and called Chris' Coffee. Their technician said it's probably a failed pressurestat. So locally I bought a new pressurestat and installed it (I live in Canada and buying parts from Chris' Coffee comes with excessive UPS brokerage fees or very high shipping costs, plus a weak Canadian dollar...already found that out the hard way). A local technician advised to check if the tube connecting the p-stat to the boiler wasn't blocked with scale, I checked and it is clear. However I still have the same problem, it continues to heat up non-stop. I called Chris Coffee again and the technician said that if it's not the p-stat then the power relay is likely malfunctioning and sending signals to the boiler to keep on heating.

So I plan on buying a new power relay but it's an expensive part. Before I go buy one does anybody have any other ideas? Or is it really narrowed down to a failed power relay now? The one thing I haven't yet checked is if the fixture where the p-stat tube connects into the boiler, maybe it's blocked but I doubt it. I must say I'm thankful to the Chris' Coffee technicians for their help.
Thanks for any ideas!

MountRoyal (original poster)

#2: Post by MountRoyal (original poster) »

Hmm, I just called a local shop and they said it could be my heating element. The repairs are getting a little out of my element now, I'm going to take it into the shop.