Help me identify this Moka Pot!

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
googs185

#1: Post by googs185 »

I'm looking to identify my Moka pot. I've posted on Reddit and had some great help, but I don't think it is a Stella. The post, with the pictures and discussion is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comment ... _moka_pot/. Please help me identify this pot!

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Suggest posting a foto here for those of us that are not registered on Reddit
-----
LMWDP #339

googs185 (original poster)

#3: Post by googs185 (original poster) »

Here is the photo. Any help would be appreciated! Made in Italy is engraved in the bottom, along with Inox 18/10, which is Italian for Stainless Steel 18/10.

googs185 (original poster)

#4: Post by googs185 (original poster) »

Anyone?

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

Nice example. I don't remember names; but I had a few like this in the late 80s and early 90s, when the alzheimer/aluminum panic happened. A lot of Italian small appliance manufacturers made these. In those days, most Italian manufacturing was based on networks of small workshops; so figuring out the exact maker may be hard.
Jim Schulman

Lvx

#6: Post by Lvx »

I agree. The only way to find out the producer is to check every now and then on ebayitaly.
You need to find a similar one new on box.

Alan Frew

#7: Post by Alan Frew »

Back when I was selling them, the name on the box was "Cherie". Other than that, there was no information except "Made in Italy". I stopped selling them because there were problems with the welds holding the handles on.

Alan

Boldjava

#8: Post by Boldjava »

googs185 wrote:Here is the photo. Any help would be appreciated! Made in Italy is engraved in the bottom, along with Inox 18/10, which is Italian for Stainless Steel 18/10.
I had a Bialetti with that bell-bottom shape several years ago but not that level of quality in the hinges/brass color fittings/handle that yours does.
-----
LMWDP #339

jpender

#9: Post by jpender »

It looks like it's the "Amore" moka pot.

https://web.archive.org/web/20000302080 ... wers.shtml