La Scala Butterfly HX routine?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
kidloco

#1: Post by kidloco »

Hello,
I found La Scala Butterfly levetta NEW (2008) in near mint condition for 450eur, and I fell in love 8)
Already I am making very good doubles and great microfoam for my capps. But we are not here for "very good" right?

I was wondering is there any owners to share experiences? First of all I was reading about types of HX machines (dragons, mixed....). And I am not sure is my machine is a dragon? My routine is for now (after heating for half an hour) cooling flash until I got nice steady stream from portafilter spout and extra 5 seconds on top of that. That gives me around 180-190ml of water in a cup. After that I grind around 14 gr coffee,wdt and tamp, I need from 1:30 up to 2 minutes for that operation, lock and take the shot. In a cup I got decent espresso a little bit on a bitter side. Am I going in to good direction or I am doing something wrong?

Any advise about this machine would be appreciated... Strange thing about this machine I found in the manual on the internet: they say to do 60ml flush after Heating, and to leave 2-3ml from coffee to the edge of a basket. I am doing a lot more flushing, and 14gr in a stock double is a lot less then 3mm from edge. Do H61 group machines love more or less space from coffee to shower screen?