Espresso Preciso - the Bluetooth scale adapter for doserless grinders - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Nunas
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by Nunas »

Marshall wrote:
I believe the Baratza Esatto scale does this on the fly and shuts off the grinder.

No it doesn't. Not with a porta filter. 8)
If you're brewing espresso, there is nothing out there which interfaces directly with a porta filter
Also, Espresso Preciso is meant for high end doserless grinders, which literally have nothing out there right now with real time weight integration.
True, the Esatto grinds to the bin, not a basket. But, it will happily grind to a basket and shut off at just the right time if you do what I did. Get some light cardboard and create a squarish funnel that will insert into the Baratza grinder and stay there by side pressure of the cardboard. Place your basket on the little square pad of the Esatto and tare it. Hit the grind button and voila! True, the basket has to be out of the portafilter for this to work, but it works. Frankly, I don't use this set-up...just tried it out of curiosity.

luma

#22: Post by luma »

This really looks interesting and could be a launching point for other instrumentation platforms for grinders and other coffee gear. Do you have any details on the ARM development board you are using? Is this an off the shelf part?