Leaking Quickmill Alexia After Portafilter Gasket Replacement

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
apple2k

#1: Post by apple2k »

HI - I have a Quickmill Alexia PID which produces perfect shots, I did the annual portafilter gasket + screen replacement and used the recommended 8.5mm gasket, with the new set up the seal leaks a bit when pulling shots and the puck is wet when I take it out. This was never an issue with the previous gasket. So I ordered and installed a 9mm gasket, still using the new screen, but the filter doesn't come close to being at 6 o'clock when engaged. Any suggestions?

CSME9

#2: Post by CSME9 »

Did you put it in the proper direction ? There is a top and a bottom to the gasket.....There is a slight taper to the gasket. The narrow side goes up.
A couple times after changing gaskets they would leak until the gasket seated itself but most of the time they seal correctly.

apple2k (original poster)

#3: Post by apple2k (original poster) »

not sure which direction it put it in, will check and re-do if necessary

thanks for the help!

Mark08859

#4: Post by Mark08859 »

Let us know the results.

D'Laine

#5: Post by D'Laine »

I have the same Alexia and have found that not all 8.5 mm gaskets are the same. Some are harder or softer. They compress more or less. Getting the handle to 6 o'clock is nice, but not always possible. You may end up trying many gaskets.

D.

apple2k (original poster)

#6: Post by apple2k (original poster) »

HI I am finally back home and tried this, I had it upside down. Putting the narrow end up does stop the leaking, but like the other member, with the 8.5mm I go past 6 o'clock. I have a 9mm which has me at about 5 o'clock. Well, at last no leaking now. Thanks for all your help :D