Arrarex Caravel shower screen without spring clip, how to remove?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ds

#1: Post by ds »

So I just got v1.2 Caravel which has shower screen without a spring clip as shown here:

How do you remove shower screen for cleaning, or do you remove it at all? How about group gasket, is it just dug out?

Thanks!

pafcio0

#2: Post by pafcio0 »

The screen is fixed.
I don't think removing the seal without breaking it is possible. I tried hard.
Replaced it once in last 1.5 years. Removing it just for cleaning is rather unnecessary.
Once a time i put the whole group in cafiza bath.

sorrentinacoffee

#3: Post by sorrentinacoffee »

yes- you can't remove the screen- but not to worry it really doesn't matter much. To clean the reverse side of the screen take out the piston- put a dish cloth and detergent into the piston chamber and use the handle of a wood spoon to agitate the cloth around... you can pry the gasket out if you are lucky- using slim tools like a nail file of jewelers screw driver. Failing that destroy it by using a self tapping screw... you almost certainly will want a new one anyway- even if the old one still seals it will be hard and you will need to lock the PF in forcefully. A new seal makes it all feel right again.

ds (original poster)

#4: Post by ds (original poster) »

Thanks guys. I figured screen is not removable and have already dug out old group head gasket and replaced it. Machine is working now!