Source for "good" robusta greens?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
EvanOz85

#1: Post by EvanOz85 »

Does anyone know where I can purchase some "good" robusta greens online right now? Burman has some but they are a Nov 2014 arrival and I'd like to find something a little fresher. Thanks.

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

EvanOz85 wrote:... Burman has some but they are a Nov 2014 arrival and I'd like to find something a little fresher. Thanks.
Indian robusta is harvested Nov - Mar. Write Burman and ask what year crop they have.

Don't go by "arrival" date alone. Other importers may have later "arrival" but might well be last year's crop. Importers bring crops in throughout the year, not just as harvest.

Drop a note to Kaapi. Ask them who is selling it in small quantities in the US. I bought a couple bags of theirs years ago. It was R-certified. Good coffee which you could drink straight (press pot is how I prepared it). Too much of a buzz for me. Excellent addition to an espresso blend. .http://kaapiroyalecoffee.com/
-----
LMWDP #339

genecounts

#3: Post by genecounts »

Dave said:

"Drop a note to Kaapi. Ask them who is selling it in small quantities in the US. I bought a couple bags of theirs years ago"

Dave, didn't realize the Indian Robusta in my stash is from what you reference and I still have at least five pounds left. Ordered 10# from you originally. Have stored it in jute bag in my airy and AC'ed bedroom.
Would be glad to send it to anyone. Just pay shipping of $8 or 10.
Is it still good in your opinion Dave?

gene

ds

#4: Post by ds »

There is good Indian Monsooned Robusta from Dr Yosuma at Coffee Project.

Boldjava

#5: Post by Boldjava »

genecounts wrote: ...
Would be glad to send it to anyone. Just pay shipping of $8 or 10.
Is it still good in your opinion Dave?

gene
Gene, that is at least 3 years old. Roast a batch and find out. I have no idea how well robusta holds in the green. Pass it on as "Virginia monsooned" and sell it at a premium <grins>.
-----
LMWDP #339

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

If you have a local high quality roaster that sometimes uses Robusta in a blend they might sell you some greens if they're doing an Italian style blend.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

Josuma Coffee sells "good" robusta greens, but only in 100 - 150# sacks, but they supply both The Coffee Project and 1st-Line with green coffee for sale to people looking for smaller quantities.

The Coffee Project carries the Malabar Gold blend and Monsooned Robusta. 1st-Line carries India Josuma Kaapi Royale Premium Robusta Green Coffee Beans - by the pound. You'd have to inquire to find out details about harvest date, etc.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

EvanOz85 (original poster)

#8: Post by EvanOz85 (original poster) »

Thanks for all the suggestions. Emailed a few of these distributors for more info.

HoldTheOnions

#9: Post by HoldTheOnions »

I bought some of these to play with in my espresso and they seem pretty good. http://coffeeproject.com/shop/magento/j ... india.html I don't have any basis for comparison though.