Diguo stainless steel vacpot filter - Page 5

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Bob_McBob

#41: Post by Bob_McBob »

A coffee detergent like Cafiza works very well for cleaning the filter.
Chris

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#42: Post by Peppersass »

TomC wrote:I'll be curious to hear what you think of it. I've been somewhat Brazen lazy lately.
I like the Diguo filter a lot. I think it's the perfect solution for vac pot.

I used paper filters for a long time because they're easy and produce a very clean cup. But they don't let oils through so some flavors are missing and body is lacking. And with some coffees I can taste a hint of paper in the cup.

I've never been a fan of cloth filters -- too messy and hard to clean.

Glass rods radically change my brew parameters and let enough grounds through that the cup can be chewy at the end.

So, the Diguo has become my go-to filter (even more so now that I've found the secret to getting it to fit a Yama 3-cup!) If I have a hankering for a really clean cup I might use a paper filter from time to time.

I hear you on being lazy. If only one could drink coffee without having to clean the apparatus! (oh yeah, I guess that's what cafes are for...)

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by JohnB. »

I've never had any issues with the cloth filters. I've tried all the other options & they still produce my favorite cup of vac pot brew. Took a break from my morning Americano routine & tried the Diguo today. Using the same grind that I use with my cloth filters, slightly coarser then drip, the drawdown took a full 90 seconds longer. The resulting brew required a healthy infusion of Half & Half to choke down. The stainless filters that I've tried in the past gave me a faster then cloth drawdown so this seems a bit odd. Back to Americanos tomorrow. If I decide to keep the Diguo I'll play with the grind but that won't happen until cooler weather returns.
LMWDP 267