Wiping A Portafilter With A Brush After Each Shot? - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
TomC
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC »

TheJavaCup77 wrote:For god sakes.. you're not joking? :oops:

Vibiemme made levers!? :shock:

Woah... now thats a REAL shock

Vibiemme Replica Piston
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Beaniac

#12: Post by Beaniac »

Clint Orchuk wrote:We use a brush in our shop and in a dry or only slightly damp portafilter, it works better than a cloth. Little dunk in Joe Glo at the end of the day and it's clean. Go to an art supply store and look for a big brush with really stiff bristles.
I use a shaving brush. It has long hairs is nice and stiff and allows for easy cleaning with water!

I also clean and wipe my (bottomless) PF with a cloth after sessions but when making back2back shots I prefer a brush over a cloth.

Advertisement
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JohnB. »

I use a bottomless pf & rinse both sides of the basket thoroughly under the machines hot water tap. The boiling hot water takes off any remnants of the previous puck.
LMWDP 267

sweaner

#14: Post by sweaner »

I was exhausted just watching him in that video. How long can he keep that up?
Scott
LMWDP #248

RepackEspresso

#15: Post by RepackEspresso »

We use a towel in the shop. Some people use brushes. Colonna and Smalls have some sort of sonic vibration cleaner. As long as it cleans fully then it doesn't matter how you do it.

JP

LukeFlynn

#16: Post by LukeFlynn replying to RepackEspresso »

+1 It's all about what works for your workflow... I've tried Dritan's methods before (He also has a cool auto steam technique).. quite frankly I go back to my old way of doing things.. his methods just don't work well in my home settings.