Huky 500, Artisan and Phidget set up question - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
HK Reefer

#11: Post by HK Reefer »

rgrosz wrote:Have you checked at the Huky forum yet (or joined it)?
http://www.hukyforum.com/
Thanks for your advice. I just visited the hukyforum and found that it is good for all those Huky Users. :D

HK Reefer

#12: Post by HK Reefer »

Hi Susan, thanks for your information. You are very helpful!

HK Reefer

#13: Post by HK Reefer »

vesteroid wrote:i'll throw in a small tidbit of advice.

If you have a center or comparable, unit, dont get too hung up using artisan for your first roast (5-10). You have so many things going on, that hitting all those events in artisan along with controlling the roaster can be overwhelming. I found it much better to just use my center until I got really comfortable with my huky, then I tried to dial in all things artisan could tell me.

I just used an espresso timer, or my iphone timer and the center for a while. In all honesty, I like that better even after I started using artisan.

Your mileage may vary, but its a lot going on until it becomes more or less second nature, and focusing on the beans, the smells, the colors, the sounds, were more informative to me than what was on the screen.
You are right. I would use Center as both logger and interface with Artisan. For the first few roast, I need to familiar with the whole workflow before I know how to manage well.

SJM

#14: Post by SJM »

HK Reefer wrote:Hi Susan, thanks for your information. You are very helpful!
And you are most welcome!