Coffee tastes like strawberries literally - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by yakster »

Yeah, I hear you, I get bored with just one style and like to mix it up with my roasting and coffee choices. I really like bright, fruity coffees (when I was working outside Milan I appreciated the hazelnut espresso flavors but was really looking forward to coming back to West Coast espresso) bu I also like the more subtle coffee flavors like you get from a good coffee from Kona or Bolivia.

Some say that there's a fine line between fruit and ferment, one person's fruity coffee is another's over ferment. I haven't had any coffee that's crossed the line into vinegar flavors yet, though.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

doubleOsoul

#12: Post by doubleOsoul »

entropy4money wrote:So my friend told me about this new cafe where their espresso tastes so fruity and sweet it tastes like strawberry.
Take a double espresso, put it in a blender with a strawberry. That is exactly how this thing tasted, I am serious.
Lucky you. It wouldn't be my everyday drink but I try to get fruit note greens when I can.

doubleOsoul

#13: Post by doubleOsoul »

canuckcoffeeguy wrote:I've tried an Ehtiopian bean that has a strong strawberry note. I'm in Canada and this Toronto roaster sells it.
http://www.pilotcoffeeroasters.com/products/kilenso
Do they just sell roasted beans? I would dig getting my hands on some Kilenso greens.

canuckcoffeeguy

#14: Post by canuckcoffeeguy replying to doubleOsoul »

Hi Cher,

Good question! I'm not sure if Pilot sells greens. They don't seem to advertise greens on their site. And I don't roast at home, so I haven't inquired about availability.

However, they're a pretty major roaster in the Toronto area and have a few cafés. So I assume they buy large quantities of greens. Try contacting them directly and maybe they can help. I've had some luck with roasters going the extra mile for a personal request when I contact them directly.

Good luck!

doubleOsoul

#15: Post by doubleOsoul replying to canuckcoffeeguy »

Thanks Ryan,
I did give a shout out so hopefully I can get my hands on some. I'll actually be in TO end of next month for a couple of days and it would behoove me to check out one of their locations.

caldwa

#16: Post by caldwa »

coffeefanatic1 wrote:The coffee that i'm currently drinking, (i won't make any mention of the brand name) tastes like cherries, and it is not nice. If i wanted to have cherry for breakfast I would make a smoothie. I think there is a big push for novelty coffee tastes at the moment, as I noticed a few in London who added new fruit flavours to their menu recently.
One could argue that since coffee "beans" are technically the seeds of a cherry, the natural "cherry" flavor is not so much a novelty as it is a more accurate representation of the coffee plant...but that's totally okay if the cherry notes aren't your favorite :D

canuckcoffeeguy

#17: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

doubleOsoul wrote:Thanks Ryan,
I did give a shout out so hopefully I can get my hands on some. I'll actually be in TO end of next month for a couple of days and it would behoove me to check out one of their locations.
Hopefully they accommodate you with some greens. As for their cafés, I've never been to any of them. I think their main location has a tasting bar with an EK43. I only work in Toronto, but live in the burbs. So I only get to cafes in the city that are reasonably close to where I work.
Depending on where you'll be in Toronto, some to try in the downtown area are:

Crema Coffee Co. (multiple locations)
Dark Horse Espresso Bar (multiple locations)
Sam James Coffee Bar (multiple locations)
Manic Coffee
Boxcar Social
Clockwork Coffee

Things can vary depending on the barista on duty, but these are the better bets downtown.