Pasquini Livietta replacement pressurestat spring

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
bigjp

#1: Post by bigjp »

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having with my '86 Livietta. The spring on the pstat gave out and I'm trying to figure out how I can fix it. I contacted Orphan espresso about a new spring, but they don't have it. So I need to find the correct spring to replace the broken one. Also, can anyone recommend the best way to take the old spring out? I tried unscrewing it, but couldn't get it out that way.

Any ideas on how I can get a replacment spring? And how to remove the old one? Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Chuck

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

I'm not sure about the spring, but if you want to get your machine up and running fast you can replace the PSTAT with a modern one while figuring out how to repair the vintage PSTAT. I believe they use Mater PSTATs in the new Olympia Express machines.

Also if you search the Orphan Espresso site for its tech tips and videos about Creminas and Maximatics, you'll find one with tricks on how to deal with those vintage PSTATs and get them working when you can no longer tighten the wheel sufficiently. Maybe someone with more time can post the link to that tech tip.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!