Chemex - 3 Strikes (Breaks) and You are Out... - Page 2

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
brianl

#11: Post by brianl »

Nothing beats the filtropas imo

grog

#12: Post by grog »

Why not just use paper filters with your Chemex? Cheap and no chance of breakage.
LMWDP #514

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

Taste, Body, Mouthfeel.

Cheap is not a large motivating factor in my coffee brewing.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

bean2friends

#14: Post by bean2friends »

But Dave, I've been buying coffee from you for a while now and all that time I would read how you brewed your coffee with the Kone and the Chemex. And I really wanted that set up. But I didn't want to spend the money. So I recently celebrated my 70th birthday and my 95 year old mother called to tell me she'd like me to get myself something I really wanted but didn't want to buy for myself. Maybe something coffee related, she said. I've got the perfect thing in mind, mom, I said. And I bought the very set your ditching. I like it a lot. But now I'm going to worry about it. This is exactly how I end up with all this coffee stuff. Thanks a lot!

Boldjava (original poster)

#15: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

bean2friends wrote:But Dave, I've been buying coffee from you for a while now and all that time I would read how you brewed your coffee with the Kone and the Chemex. And I really wanted that set up. But I didn't want to spend the money. . .
Not to worry. Some morning I will get p'd off at my current set up and I will once again drop the dime. I will justify it with a "that Hario is such a heat sink to have the KONE setting in," or "I can't see my coffee level with this rig...". I know myself pretty well when it comes to coffee toys. <wink>

DB
-----
LMWDP #339