Copper La San Marco Single Lever

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
BeanCounter

#1: Post by BeanCounter »

Happy Father's Day everyone. My father's day gift came a few days early this year - and no, it is not the unused diaper on the right side of my trunk. I understand these LSM's don't pop up much and I never thought I'd actually find one, let alone through craigslist. I hope to get it up and running soon.

I'd also like to say thanks in advance to Doug, Phillip, Ryan and Jay, who have generously shared their previous experiences and knowledge with similar machines on this forum. The info provided below has been a tremendous help to this neophyte.

http://www.orphanespresso.com/La-San-Ma ... 654-1.html
La San Marco Model 80 Lever rebuild
La San Marco 2 group Leva (1974)

-James

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

Nice!

Happy Father's Day.
LMWDP #198

global_dev

#3: Post by global_dev »

Thats pretty awesome. Was it local?

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

About two blocks away from me! Glad it went to another HB'er! I almost bought it, but I just bought a Linea, and I'm trying to shed gear not keep adding to it :)

It would have sold in 3 minutes if the guy listed a photo of it. I wasn't sure if it was a single group or not.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

phillip canuck

#5: Post by phillip canuck »

Beauty! And, mystery solved given that there was no photo (I did notice the ad - even from my distance). Congratulations!

-phillip

BeanCounter (original poster)

#6: Post by BeanCounter (original poster) »

When the seller emailed me pictures, I almost couldn't believe it because I had waited over a week to contact him. Like I said, I feel really fortunate to have it. Tom, you don't happen to be selling an old Conti on CL right now do you?

#7: Post by BeanCounter (original poster) »

These are the images that were sent to me. Hence the need for the diaper in the trunk.

TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

BeanCounter wrote:When the seller emailed me pictures, I almost couldn't believe it because I had waited over a week to contact him. Like I said, I feel really fortunate to have it. Tom, you don't happen to be selling an old Conti on CL right now do you?

Yep.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

doubleOsoul

#9: Post by doubleOsoul »

Very nice Bay Area haul. Do you get to run it in your kitchen or will it be a basement dweller?

#10: Post by BeanCounter (original poster) »

Definitely in the kitchen....that is until my wife tells me to move it!