Newbie Advice- La Pavoni 1999 Professional - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
forbeskm

#11: Post by forbeskm »

Welcome to the La Pavoni club! Stephano's and other parts suppliers should have another pin or you could take the other one to the local hardware store to see if you could find something close while you wait for a new one. Grinder is key with Pavoni, I learned the hard way on this. I myself love the lido 2 as a great affordable option and works well with the medium roast we use. There are some electric grinder options under as well I think but I have not tried them. Good luck, you have chosen a very finicky yet fun machine.

homeburrero
Team HB

#12: Post by homeburrero »

thy118 wrote:t only came with one pin to hold the lever
Attaching the lever will require two pins, four e-clips, and one roller. Parts #89, #90, #91 as in pic below:

Stefano's http://www.espressocare.com is one good place where you can purchase these and other parts for your Pavoni.

Install the lever as in drGary's picture. Is easy to accidentally get that lever upside down and it won't work right.

If the pin you already have shows any sign of wear it should be replaced. The pins and the roller need to be kept lubricated.
thy118 wrote: what is the best thing to use for cleaning the brass and copper? I have read so many different things- I don't want to ruin the finish.
Best to maintain the brass with a soft cloth and soap and water only - avoid abrasives. If you recondition, you may be in for a chore - stripping the lacquer off with a chemical stripper, after which you can use a very fine abrasive polish like brasso to bring it back to a shine. After that you could maintain it with periodic polishing, or give it a new lacquer coat. Refinishing is a chore, may be best left to a pro (perhaps someone who refinishes brass instruments.) At one time a repair shop in the UK (http://www.spanglefish.com/avicennassol ... eid=259381) would do that job for £75 ( about $120 USD.)
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h