Bunn "Express" ES-2G Espresso Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
lapavoni1999

#1: Post by lapavoni1999 »

Friends,

I obtained a Bunn ES-2G ES2G grinder and I wanted to share some info about it. I needed a foot and I wanted to replace the burr set so I started digging and calling around. It looks like a burr set could be obtained from Cafeparts.com searching for the Cunill Space grinder. There was a Dan or Dom who bought all the old stock (Pighetti's Espresso Equipment ~ (Bunn referred me) but he has passed away and his son no longer maintains the business or so it seems.

Burr set ( I hope)
http://www.cafeparts.com/productDetail1 ... emID=49666

I will confirm if these do indeed fit when they arrive. Years ago Bunn burr sets were selling for much more.

The machine needed a good cleaning and I was having trouble removing the lower burr set and no service manual was available on line. The lower section had a lot of coffee oil and grim built up. I managed to remove the locking nut by unscrewing it counter clockwise, LEFTY LOOSEY. There is a pin on the shaft that the coffee dispense auger is keyed to as well as the burr retainer (lower). See photos.

Old Thread.
Cunill/Bunn burr removal

I hope this helps someone out there if they catch this in a search.

Ken

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

I bought the 49666 Grinding Burrs Cunill (pair) 59x35x9.5 Lh that you called out from Cafe Parts in April of this year for the Astra branded Cunill I picked up recently. They were the right ones for the grinder.

I had reviewed the Cunill/Bunn burr removal thread and luckily I had no problem removing the old burrs.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

lapavoni1999 (original poster)

#3: Post by lapavoni1999 (original poster) »

Awesome!

Thx Chris!

lapavoni1999 (original poster)

#4: Post by lapavoni1999 (original poster) »

An Update.

Burrs and feet do indeed fit!

Thanks Yakster and those who have contributed.