Glass rod filter in vac pot -- fail! - Page 4

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Boldjava

#31: Post by Boldjava »

Carl S wrote:... What finally put me off the vacuum pot, other than an occasional brew, is the fact that you cannot really control the brew time because of the inconsistent filtering...
While I would agree that the vacpot has a high putzing factor, I disagree about the inability to control brew time. Been using my Yamas for years and am able to control both temp of slurry (gas stove) and length of brew time/down-draft using glass rods.
-----
LMWDP #339

Peppersass (original poster)
Supporter ❤

#32: Post by Peppersass (original poster) »

When I found the Diguo Stainless Steel Vacpot Filter, I abandoned the glass rods. For me, the Duguo is the perfect solution for getting very consistent performance, easy cleanup and body without grit in the cup.

day

#33: Post by day »

On an electric stovetop I find I have excellent control of the temp by just sliding my bodum to various partially on the eye positions. Can easily stop temperature increases and hold steady temp that way at any temp I choose.", without any back and forth.

I do, however have to put the coffe in an empty upper chamber. If the water rises before I put in coffe it will jam the draw down, never had a problem as long as the coffee is in first, so times are very controllable. Absolutely love the vacpot.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone