Rancilio Classe 6 - no heat - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jeebsy (original poster)

#11: Post by jeebsy (original poster) »

One of the relays was fused open which is why it kept overheating. Rather than buy a new board we've just disabled that relay, so it's running on 2/3 loops.

Here it is three weeks ago, and now:

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

Wow, great job, that cleaned up nicely.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

cebseb

#13: Post by cebseb »

Very nice job!

I'm still not clear on the specifics of your version versus the classe 8 I had, but do you think a C-lever addition is possible? If so, I think it's a must.

LukeFlynn

#14: Post by LukeFlynn replying to cebseb »

I believe the C-Lever mod is possible on all Rancilios, the fitting should be the same.. you just have to drill holes to mount it. I was speaking with Ryan at EspressoParts, and he told me people add them to Lineas, he also told me it bolts up with the Oscar's pipe, the C-Lever would look a lot better on an Oscar instead of that aurelia gaping hole mod. I've steamed with a C-Lever, it's wonderful if your machine has a lot of juice.

jeebsy (original poster)

#15: Post by jeebsy (original poster) »

I heard mixed reports on the C levers, but apparently it was just the early ones that weren't great. An engineer i spoke to earlier in the week said they're a must but they're quite pricey. The valves on there now are pretty good, it's a really tight range between on and off so while i'd like to get c levers on there, i'm happy as is for now.

LukeFlynn

#16: Post by LukeFlynn »

90 bucks per valve, I think.

jeebsy (original poster)

#17: Post by jeebsy (original poster) »

The machine cost me £105/$170!

stuartmac

#18: Post by stuartmac »

I did the cleaver on my classe 8 and it rocks, no more endless cranking,

Few questions on your after pic, did you powder coat the stainless panels? and how did you modify the keypad panel on the top.

I love the Orange!

here is my classe 8, i spend almost a day with a buffer trying to clean up all the metal on this. the side panels are plasti dipped. I have the c leaver on the right and the isteam on the right, (never use it, just kept it for resale value)