Kees Idrocompresso being retired from production - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
dominico
Team HB

#31: Post by dominico »

It's alright, I anticipate having plenty of time to find a used one, I'm not at all unhappy with my current setup.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

espressotime

#32: Post by espressotime replying to dominico »

I'd take your President anyday if I could chose between the two.

Rommel

#33: Post by Rommel »

G'day everyone - newbie to the forum.

My favourite gastrobar here in Singapore is moving out - they have the Indrocompresso - they are thinking of selling it. They also provided me an online copy of their Owner's Manual. The machine was built and installed in their shop Jan 2013.

I was wondering if i take the leap of faith and purchase it - I have some questions about it and your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

- how easy for me to get parts for it - for example, rubber seals, etc.
- the owner's manual includes the recommended regular servicing = is this something that I can do myself - at least some of it - or do I always have to call the professionals to do it :
Every 3 months
-Re-generate water softener -Replace group seals & piston rings -Check screens, baskets and clips; replace if necessary -Check temperature at group head -Check restrictors/needle valve on scale build-up -grease ball-nut assembly of steam wand
Every 6 months
-Replace screens, filter holder basket, filter holder clip -Clean both probes, level and safety -Check tube between hot water manifold and outlet for scale -Check play and grease between nut and ball of steam wand, replace nut if necessary
Every 12 months
-Rebuild steam valves, replace chromed nut around ball on steamwand -Replace anti-vacuum valve -Check safety-valve on boiler -Check expansion valve above heat-exchangers-system
Every 2 years
-Replace pressostat

THANKS IN ADVANCE !;O)

tohenk2

#34: Post by tohenk2 replying to Rommel »

I'm sure Kees will be installing and selling spares for years to come. (He has to much at stake not to ... and the size of the seals etc. are also used by other manufactories). What you can do yourself depends on how handy you are and how much time you are willing to spend. I know I do not trust any so-called self appointed technician. I expect you will have a learning curve and after that less time needed. And this schedule is based on usement in a busy shop. I think in a home setting almost everything can be more relaxed.

And since this is a iconic machine, I think it is not that big of a risk to buy. In fact it might be your only chance, so if you want it and have the money go for it!