Ponte Vecchio Lusso - Fix or Return? - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
crazy4espresso

#11: Post by crazy4espresso »

Hmm, I'm going to guess someone was descaling either too often or for far too long with a solution too harmful for the metal. If it's plated on the inside, it's another reason not to use that boiler now, as you'll probably be flushing out plating residue for a long time.
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427

day

#12: Post by day »

Def not worth a repair effort. Contact the seller and open ebay case immediatley.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

TrevCoffee (original poster)

#13: Post by TrevCoffee (original poster) »

sorrentinacoffee wrote:hmm, never seen the taps at the top of the boiler black like that- something bad must have happened- also looks as if the machine has been well used for some years to get wear like that. Judging by the heat damage to the taps- the electrics will also be pretty cooked- probably best to rewire- and I wonder how the old brain is?
Looks like i've stumbled across a dishonest eBayer.
Hey Sorrentinacoffee, which part is the 'brain'? And how can I tell if it and the electrics are cooked?

Lamacchinadelcaffe.com Have been brilliant with quotes so far, so there is a chance I can salvage the situation ... hopefully :/

NorthantsCoffee

#14: Post by NorthantsCoffee »

Your machine hasn't got a water level controller (brain) so you don't need to worry about that and from the pictures the wiring looks in pretty good condition.
Coffee machine service engineer
Northamptonshire

TrevCoffee (original poster)

#15: Post by TrevCoffee (original poster) replying to NorthantsCoffee »

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.