Brasilia Century re-heat/re-steam issue

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Music Boutique

#1: Post by Music Boutique »

Hello all . I am currently trying to solve an issue with a Brasilia Century (handfill ) coffee machine. This is what I have done so far:

The boiler has been completely taken apart (ends off) and cleaned using citric acid The heat exchanger has been cleaned in citric acid new seals applied.

The element has also been descaled using citric acid.

All the copper plumbing/pipes have all been descaled in citric acid.

A new Pressure stat and hvac valve have been installed .
There are no leaks of water or steam. Previously until a week ago I had been using this machine continually for about three years with no problems at all :)

My problem is this: Once the coffee machine is turned on " only from cold " it fills with water and will heat up and pressure will read about 1/1.2 bar. The pressure stat will operate accordingly.

However once the steam is released and or hot water from the water spout has been used,the pressure drops to zero, now the issue I am having is no matter how long I leave the boiler on for, or if i increase the temperature on the pressure stat I cannot get any more steam or hot water from the machine " even though the boiler and element are incredibly hot.

Yet when the machine is left to completely cool down ie cold, it will behave as normal but only until steam/hot water has been released.
The group head head is warm and both the steam wand and water spout are cool to the touch.

Please please could someone provide me with a solution to this problem? As i have tried every angle I can think of and these machines are quite basic once you know your way around them and follow the elimination approach which I think i have ??? Im sure there is something i have probably missed
which is where i hope the many wisdoms on this forum can help :))

Any advice /suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance