LeLit second extraction much longer than first

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DesertDuck

#1: Post by DesertDuck »

I own a LeLit PL41 TQE and am very happy with it overall. However, I have one issue that is starting to annoy me...I usually allow a start up time over 30 mins and generally 45 mins. My first extract is usually spot on and I have no complaints there. However, my second extraction is usually a problem. I go from a 25-30 second extract time on my first pull to closer to 60 second on my second. I usually wait another 30+ mins before the second extract so I'm not doing them in succession without a proper recovery time. The machine is on during this entire cycle. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a proper sequence that would solve this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bluesman

#2: Post by bluesman replying to DesertDuck »

Not a clue here! I've never encountered this with my 41. Do you leave the PF in place while it warms up, or do you leave it out and at ambient temp before dosing the first pull but leave it in and therefore at grouphead temp between the first and second shots? Grounds could be clogging some of the basket holes after the first shot, if your grind is very fine and/or you're not cleaning out the basket well before redosing. But most of us just rinse quickly and wipe after removing the puck, so if you do that too it's hard to imagine that you're leaving much behind.

What happens with shot #3?