Baratza Encore works far too loud?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
intersekt

#1: Post by intersekt »

Hi,
I think my Encore works far too loud.
This is my Encore:
and to compare the other Encore:
The second Encore is more quiet than mine and it doesn't sound so high in pitch. Is something wrong with my Encore?

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Yours is empty; hers is under load.
-----
LMWDP #339

intersekt (original poster)

#3: Post by intersekt (original poster) »

I know but when I grind coffee the engine of my encore sounds pretty much the same. Please notice the high-pitched sound when I turn it off. I just wanna make sure that the engine is running well.

Eastsideloco

#4: Post by Eastsideloco »

If your grinder is new, it is probably working as designed. There isn't much that can go wrong with an electric motor. Some people definitely describe these grinders as relatively noisy.

If you've had your grinder for a while and it's making a new noise, you may want to open the machine up to make sure there isn't a loose mechanical connection. Baratza has some troubleshooting resources on its website. It's highly unlikely that anything would be loose on a new machine.

Nate42

#5: Post by Nate42 »

Follow the baratza troubleshooting instructions to make sure the burr mount and adjuster is working properly. Its possible you are hearing something that is loose that shouldn't be. If everything is together its probably fine.

radish_beans

#6: Post by radish_beans »

I have a Maestro+ (predecessor to the Encore) and it sounds pretty much like yours after I upgraded to the 2.0 gearbox (which the Encore has).