Nuova Simonelli Musica on timer

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jamadza

#1: Post by jamadza »

Hello,
I have been using my NS Musica for a year now and I really like it. Recently, I have started thinking about using a special timer socket that can be operated over wifi/internet. I would use it to program on/off cycles of my Musica and also to turn Musica on remotely for instance while on my way home...

Do you think it is safe to put this machine on timer? I read some topic here regarding this and what I got is that when having a machine with low water level sensor and autofill functions, it should be safe to use timer socket.

Am I right? Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Marek

LukeFlynn

#2: Post by LukeFlynn »

If the musica has an anti-vacuum valve you should be fine.

sikijou

#3: Post by sikijou replying to LukeFlynn »

Well musica definitely has a vacuum breaker, because oscar mod vacuum breaker using the musica part.

LukeFlynn

#4: Post by LukeFlynn replying to sikijou »

Then you should be fine, I don't see how having it on a timer would break anything.. In fact I would never put a machine that didn't have a low water level sensor/autofill on a timer.. too much risk of running the boiler dry. The Musica is fully capable of being ran on a timer.

caeffe

#5: Post by caeffe »

You should be fine.

I previously put my NS Oscar on a timer even though it doesn't have a vacuum breaker valve. I just had to open the steam valve once I woke up.
I'm preparing to install the elektros mod kit so it'll have the vacuum breaker valve.
LMWDP #162

jamadza (original poster)

#6: Post by jamadza (original poster) »

thank you guys for your help. I have purchased Belikn Wemo switch and it works pretty good.