New La Pavoni EPC-8 Owner - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IMAWriter

#21: Post by IMAWriter »

Yum, tasty little La Pav shot. brings memories of my former Cremina.
Interestingly, Paul's PF locks in FARTHER (meaning more to the left) than did my Millennium's PF did. Mine was a 2004-ish machine.
I assume the OP knows lock position is not (normally) @ 9PM, but around 7-7:30-ish? At least in my experience with 3 or 4 La Pavonis.

Justaway (original poster)

#22: Post by Justaway (original poster) »

drgary wrote:The best way to address an issue with any vendor is contact them first and give them a chance to solve your problem offline.
I wasn't sure if it was a real issue at the time of posting, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong that that people here would know if that were the case. I've emailed Cafelat now though and hopefully we can figure out what's going on.

I took some more pictures in case anyone wants to know any more about my machine & the portafilters:

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#23: Post by Paul_Pratt »

OK so based on some good info from Jerry I think I have it sorted. It would appear that there are 2 types of baskets doing the rounds. To remedy this LP have a small chamfer on the inner edge of the portafilter rim. This helps the basket seat down for both types of baskets. I forgot the chamfer :shock: which is causing 1 type of basket to stand higher than another.

So if yours is too high then I will replace it with a new machined one. Just be sure to get in touch with us and sorry for the confusion.

Paul

jtrops

#24: Post by jtrops replying to Paul_Pratt »

I can say that the chamfer makes all of the difference, and I want to thank Paul publicly for getting to the bottom of this, and helping me get this to work well.

Jerry