Missing avatars, unable to upload images

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

I noticed some member avatars are showing broken links and image upload is failing with "Error parsing server response". Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll investigate tonight.
Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

If it helps, this morning it took quite a while to log into H-B, seemed like the server was down, but I finally got a login screen.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB (original poster)
Admin

#3: Post by HB (original poster) »

Good news is the problem with the missing avatars and uploads appears to be fixed. Let me know if you see any oddities. As for the slowdown, what time did you notice it? I'm wondering if it was the time the backup normally runs; it takes a couple minute and could explain a momentary slowdown.
Dan Kehn

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

I think it was around 7:30 pm Pacific. I was scratching my head because I had to reboot my cable gateway last night to restore internet access and at first I was wondering if I still had a problem, but other sites were unaffected.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

HB (original poster)
Admin

#5: Post by HB (original poster) »

I've noticed some uneven performance too. Next time you see a slowdown, check the bottom of the page ("Overall: fast, server: 0.5s, avg page: 0.2s, max page: 0.6s, fast pages: 87%"); it will give a clue if the problem is on your end or the server end.
Dan Kehn

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

Hi Dan,

Nothing urgent here but an update that my avatar is still missing this morning. It took a long time to upload a forum response last night with an embedded Youtube video. There was a Server Not Found message. Then when the Post A Reply window came up it was blank. Luckily I'd saved what I'd typed in and was able to post.

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day...
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

HB (original poster)
Admin

#7: Post by HB (original poster) »

The "broken" image may still be in your browser cache. Try Shift+Refresh to force a complete reload. I did that and your avatar is shown.
Dan Kehn

drgary
Team HB

#8: Post by drgary »

That worked. The mysteries of technology ....

If I edit this post, during editing I see the empty user avatar box next to my handle in the top navigation bar. When I post it resolves.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!