Profiling on the Huky 500 - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
vesteroid

#11: Post by vesteroid »

Perhaps I simply do not detect all the flaws in my coffee you suggest, but I have been roasting on a HUKY for about a year now and have not noticed all the issues you raise.

I do 500g batches mostly and fiddle with the bt vs et temp on drop...its more or less around 250c Thats a little high sometimes as they batch turns around more at 106-8 vs 100 but sometimes it drops.....I just wing it. Second batches seem to need a bit lower temp for some reason.

I try and hit 160 BT in about 7 minutes total run and can usually come pretty close. I manually fiddle with the heat through this period based on experience to hit that target. I have recently began running the fan at a low speed all through this phase vs turning it on full blast once per minute.

I gradually increase heat to full around the 160c mark to the 180c mark where I shut the vents on the drum (I have the perf drum and the slow motor) but actually have both the solid drum and the 72 rpm motor but never used it.

at FC I kill the heat and turn the fan on full, then after that I put the heat on about half and run the fan enough to keep the smoke out, and go to desired temp for drop.

Again, maybe I simply dont know what I am doing, but I think my coffee taste as good or better than what I can buy.....

In the end I am only doing this for my wife and I, so I suppose I don't get all technical over this or that.