Great Source for Mazzer Super Jolly Manual Switches

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
AsokAsus

#1: Post by AsokAsus »

I just spent a great deal of time trying to find a replacement manual switch for my old Mazzer Super Jolly grinder and thought I'd pass along a good source I finally found, namely part M28161 from La Marzocco USA, listed as a "Two Pole Rotative Switch, On/Off" which is exactly what I needed:

http://shop.lamarzoccousa.com/m28161.html

M28161 actually turned out to be a kit containing Bremas switch CA0170002 along with a new on-off knob and screw, a new 0-1 black faceplate, and two new mounting screws.

The total cost was $49.65 with free UPS shipping. Plus, when I called to verify this was really the switch I needed, I instantly got a very knowledgeable tech on the phone who instantly confirmed this was indeed the right switch. Everywhere else I called, the phone was answered by a receptionist type who didn't know switches from shinola.

The total delivery time was about two weeks as it took La Marzocco USA over a week to ship, but fortunately I was in no hurry as I had repaired my old switch good enough that it would work a while longer anyway.

I could find no other vendor in the U.S. that actually had the correct switch for a reasonable price. Almost no one actually carried the correct switch anyway, and the one or two who might have weren't sure that they had the right one. Many carried expensive switches that could have been made to work, but weren't really the correct switch anyway. (The correct switch was in fact available from many non-U.S. vendors, but the shipping was prohibitive.)

At any rate, thought I'd pass along this information.

(BTW, 1st-line had Mazzer OEM Super Jolly Burrs for sale for $34.00 a few weeks ago.)