Bezzera Strega: Is it a pump espresso machine with lever, or piston/lever oddity with pump? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Barb (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by Barb (original poster) »

Thanks, Joel
will be a wonderful adventure.
Hubby had suggested a European trip for my birthday late this year. I decided better to spend that kind of money on something we will continuously enjoy.Have had my intent to upgrade from the Silvia and now I am exercising that intent, fulfilling that wish.

The HG-One is ordered and a already enroute... Step one onto this new adventure path
:D

IMAWriter

#22: Post by IMAWriter »

Barb..a HUGE step!
I've only read lots about the HG-One, never used one. I have however, several manual grinders. If you've got the extra bit of time (perhaps 45 seconds?), you will have a fine time with your HG-One. I believe a home barista should never feel rushed. Half the stress relief is taking a moment or 3 away from the hustle bustle of work, kids, etc.

The Strega is, IMO a lever that is pump assisted, as it is possible tom pull shots will a lever "character" and taste profile, while also being able to easily pull a 9 bar pump shot, where the lever is merely assisting the outflow of coffee. Yes, there is always the spring lever tapering of pressure towards the end of the shot, but at a full 9 bars, the majority of the shots definition will have already been decided. At least that's what my impressions are, after over a year of ownership.

I'd advise you to read posts concerning maintenance. It is quite easy, and performed regularly will reward you with clean tasting espresso and espresso based beverages.

Edits for the usual egregious typos.

Barb (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#23: Post by Barb (original poster) »

Thanks, Rob
I am very excited about all this.
No problem with taking the time to grind. The grinding time will let me focus on pulling the best shot I can.
I am reading as many of the HB site posts as I find , meandering through the topics, and learning every day
In fact,while at work i find I sneak in peeks to see what has been posted on the HB site. Addicting!