La Pavoni Millenium and Pre-Millenium portafilters

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Cafelatstore
Sponsor

#1: Post by Cafelatstore »

The wait is over for, in my opinion, the best improvement you can make to your La Pavoni Pro or Europiccola and that is to use a bottomless portafilter. And for the pre-millenium users we have the added benefit of a basket retaining spring, imagine that, a spring!

You can either buy as a basic naked portafilter, it comes with the basket spring and a bakelite handle as on current machines:

Or as the full set that includes the bottom plate and double spout so you can use as a regular portafilter and convert to naked within seconds. If you remove the double spout you also get a nozzle that works as a single spout.

Pre-Millenium (49mm basket older machines) are here http://www.cafelatstore.com/products/la ... ortafilter

Millenium (51mm basket modern machines) are here http://www.cafelatstore.com/products/la ... ortafilter

I tried to keep the look of the original portafilter, so we went with completely mirror polished stainless steel parts and the bakelite handle. All portafilters are tested in actual machines after I do the final machining/polishing and before shipping.

Since I imagine machine wear and gaskets have no doubt changed throughout the decades, the bottom plate can be rotated so that your double spouts can line up facing you, no matter where the portafilter locks in.

Paul

p.s. for those requesting Caravel elements, we have many 110v and 220v in stock, but untested as my Caravel died. Once I fix my Caravel next week, I will test new batches and open the shop again.

chang00

#2: Post by chang00 »

Hi Paul,

I am thinking about this for the Gaggia Factory (51mm), and another one for the QuickMill Achille 58mm (the Bosco/Londinium?). On the Cafelatstore it was mentioned all base plates and spouts are interchangeable....I assume the base plates won't be in this case?

Cafelatstore (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by Cafelatstore (original poster) replying to chang00 »

Yes only the 58mm's share the same plates. Spaziale, LP millenium and LP pre-millenium all have their own unique plates. We will try and make it clearer on the website.

beer&mathematics

#4: Post by beer&mathematics »

this is wonderful! Thanks for looking out for the lever people Paul!

Although I don't have a La Pavoni, Do you know if the 49mm Pf will fit the Bezzera family lever?
LMWDP #431

CrabRangoon

#5: Post by CrabRangoon »

Any plans to conquer the Cremina or Caravel PF on the horizon? I sure hope so, glad to see you continuing to expand to covering more lever varieties.
LMWDP #505

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by yakster »

After he does the Faemina. :lol:
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Cafelatstore (original poster)
Sponsor

#7: Post by Cafelatstore (original poster) »

Hi no plans to do the caravel, I thought Thijs in Holland was working on those. The Faemina market would I feel be too small, that would have to be a pre-order type thing and we would need a fair number to break even.

Locopavoni

#8: Post by Locopavoni »

My order of a 49mm portafilter arrived today.
Couldn't decide on which spout to get, so I ended up getting both the mini double and the double.

Thanks for the prompt delivery and great service Paul.
LMWDP #537

yakster
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by yakster »

Cafelatstore wrote:The Faemina market would I feel be too small, that would have to be a pre-order type thing and we would need a fair number to break even.
Understandable, I keep hoping that all the new Faemina owners will get us to the tipping point, but I may have a line on another solution, and if it pans out I'll post about it here on H-B.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272