Difference between Elektra Semiautomatica models

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Lilsadie

#1: Post by Lilsadie »

Howdy!
Hoping someone can point me in the direction of some info?
I have picked up an Elektra semiautomatic with the blue marble on the lid.
I know it's from around 2006 as I have all service history with the machine. I cannot find another one for sale ANYWHERE.
Is there any difference between this and the newer models?
Is it a similar re sell value?
Thanks so much. I've attached a photo of the one I have

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

They made a version of the Microcasa Semiautomatica with the blue Murano glass ball instead of the eagle, but that and the shape of the bell shaped piece was slightly different and the upper water reservoir matched this as well. Otherwise they're the same machine.

Are you saying you can't find info on the Semiautomatica? It might have been because of the lack of the "Microcasa" or it could have been "semiautomatic" vs "semiautomatica" but usually search engines like Google still nail the right result.

This should be the exact machine you're referring to.
/elektra-se ... eview.html
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Lilsadie (original poster)

#3: Post by Lilsadie (original poster) »

Thank you very much! I found a wealth of info on the eagle topped machine but didn't realize they were pretty much the same!!
Thanks so much!

Appreciate your help

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

You have the ART-SXCD "Deco" model. Recently I parted with mine and searched the usual places for the current price; the page on 1st-line simply says "This item has been discontinued at 1st-line Equipment on 12-8-11". The plainer SXC model is more widely available. Overseas vendors and lesser known vendors in the US claim to carry the Deco. I don't know why 1st-line stopped carrying the Deco model.

The only differences are cosmetic: Blue Murano glass ball instead of an eagle, sculpted water reservoir and matching dome above the grouphead.
Dan Kehn

Lilsadie (original poster)

#5: Post by Lilsadie (original poster) »

Thank you Dan,
If you don't mind me asking, How much was your sale price?
This machine was purchased for $1750 in 2006 so I'm not sure of where my price point should be.

HB
Admin

#6: Post by HB »

It was sold to a friend at a friend's price. As noted in How to choose an espresso machine and grinder at the "right" price, up to 70% current retail would be a fair price, assuming it's in top condition.
Dan Kehn

lagoon

#7: Post by lagoon »

You have the Art Deco model. This was a limited edition.