Stock Bunn G1 vs. Baratza Forte BG

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
mwright

#1: Post by mwright »

Does anybody have any experience on if there would be any improvement with a stock Bunn G1 versus the Vario or Forte with the metal brew burrs? I know people say the Bunzilla is better but what about a stock G1. I am considering buying one and I would probably do the conversion down the road but I would be using it stock for awhile. Right now I have a Vario with the steel burrs.

scareyourpasenger

#2: Post by scareyourpasenger »

I have no direct comparison but I loved the bunn lpg. I use a vario with metal burrs at work and I doesn't seem quite as good.

Bob_M

#3: Post by Bob_M »

There was a topic about the bunn LPG vs Vario with metal burrs here Bunn LPG versus Baratza Vario with Steel Burr As I understand it the LPG burrs are the same as the G1 but the former lacks an auger and popcorns with an empty hopper..

mwright (original poster)

#4: Post by mwright (original poster) »

Thank you very much

Shife

#5: Post by Shife »

I have a Bunn FPG with stock burrs (Bunn bulk grinders uses the same burr set). I have not compared it to a Forte BG, but I did consider buying one and getting rid of the Bunn. I was told the Forte would be a bit of a step back, but the wife approval factor is much higher on the Forte. In the end I ended up wiring an outlet into a kitchen closet and kept the Bunn, albeit hidden from view.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv »

So "Coming out of the closet" has an entirely different connotation for you :D

Did you get the Forte so you can tell us what you think about the difference in the cup?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Shenrei

#7: Post by Shenrei »

I'll be able to do a side-by-side comparison next Saturday as there's an LPG where I work. It's not a G1-G3, but hopefully close enough. My preemptive taste buds tell me that the Forte BG will be superior.
- Tim