Help with adding an over-pressure valve (OPV) - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ben8jam (original poster)

#11: Post by ben8jam (original poster) »

Screen and screen holder are clean. I don't know how a screen goes bad. It visually looks okay.

So the big question is, who's right here? Opv will help or as others have said, it won't do anything?

And yes happy to take Rich up as soon as he is feeling better (as he indicated).

another_jim
Team HB

#12: Post by another_jim »

DFWcoffee wrote:Just curious about what you mean by "Radical modifications". What modifications would he do?
variable speed gear pumps, pressure read outs, etc.
Jim Schulman

jonr

#13: Post by jonr »

Consider just adding a dimmer or variac to the pump. Not only can you reduce pressure, you can vary the pressure to prevent the increase in flow as the shot progresses (as direct lever and flow profiling machines can do).

DFWcoffee

#14: Post by DFWcoffee »

Very interesting, indeed.

ben8jam (original poster)

#15: Post by ben8jam (original poster) »

jonr wrote:Consider just adding a dimmer or variac to the pump. Not only can you reduce pressure, you can vary the pressure to prevent the increase in flow as the shot progresses (as direct lever and flow profiling machines can do).
Okay, so now we're throwing electronics in the mix! :)

I'm not sure I trust my skills wiring things that need grounding. I've already jolted myself on the boiler when forgetting to unplug it. Though, that video of manually dialing down the pressure is pretty cool. Is it bad for the pump to run that way?