Nuova Simonelli Grinta grinder for drip?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
kruzilla

#1: Post by kruzilla »

Hi All. I've been looking to upgrade from my trusty Maestro and I have the opportunity to get a brand new Nuova Simonelli Grinta grinder for around half-price. Is it any good for drip/aeropress/pourover, etc? I might get into espresso at some point in the future but not right now.

bongani

#2: Post by bongani »

I do not wish to influence your decision on whether or not to buy the Grinta - one man's flesh... I have owned the Grinta for a while and use it for back up purposes now that I have a few grinders to toy about.

As far as build quality goes, it's let down by all that plastic - but don't let that cloud your vision. In my neck of woods, I see a lot of them being used as secondary grinders. A handful of top notch coffee joints and roasters like its size, ruggedness and simplicity of use.

I can safely say it will\can meet your needs head on. One draw back may be that it's stepped, though I have never had any taste or profile differences in my coffee. If the seller is agreeable and you can meet them before finalizing the transaction, take your favourite beans for a test run. Maybe, like me, you may end up loving what it offers.

kruzilla (original poster)

#3: Post by kruzilla (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply! I actually like stepped so that's a plus for me. If I get into espresso maybe it won't be. I just wrote the seller with some questions We'll see what they say.

kruzilla (original poster)

#4: Post by kruzilla (original poster) »

So, I just got home with it and as soon as I started adjusting the settings, the button that needs to be pressed down in order to adjust the grind settings jammed. It would appear that my only option is to actually break the button off and try to find a replacement since there seems to be no other way of getting to it unless someone else has a suggestion.