Rocket R58 v2 brewing temperature

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
wwhcfy

#1: Post by wwhcfy »

Hi all

I bought Rocket R58 v2 last year, and just have some question I don't understand today...

I set the boiler temperature as 103c via the PID, so I expected the water coming from the group head is around 90.8c per the convention sheet.

However, it only has 75c..

I did some testings by different thermometers to check the temperature of the water coming from the group head... but still the same.. Still 75c no matter how long the machine has been running..

As I expected the water for brewing espresso is around 90c.. Do you guys have the same issue or this is only my problem?

Thanks
Tony

KeithBlue

#2: Post by KeithBlue »

Hi Tony and others...

A little late to the party on this thread, but... I just acquired a Rocket R58 V2 (about a year old), and like you I measured the brew head temperature. The brew boiler is set to factory default (221 F, 105 C), but the water temp at the head was 190-192 F (~88.5 C). I first verified that my K-type thermocouple is accurate to within a couple degrees F via the boiling water method.

So I have increased the brew boiler temperature to 228 F (109 C), and now the brew head water temp is around 198 F (92-93 C).

Still playing with different shots/grinds, and the espresso tastes decent... but wondering why the stock/factory setting is yielding such low brew temps. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith