Food to pair with a Gesha? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
day

#11: Post by day »

One day i may copy you on this one:) major props.

never tried a Gesha myself, but i was suddenly imagining that meeting and was wondering if you were confident the lido was the way to go? I can see at first it would've awesome but if you have to refill the hopper a couple of times i started wondering if that would hinder the opportunities to explain how wonderful the coffee was and get them mentally prepared to enjoy it. Also, dont forget that the perception of quality, even in serving vessels (especially perhaps) can have a real impact on sense of quality. I am sure you are in a better position to judge than me and will make the right call bit just
Wanted to throw it out there since it came to mind.

On topic: i vote to find a great cheese that pairs well with it and fruit that pairs with the cheese. But i am a cheese man as much as a coffee man, when the budget allows;)
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

boar_d_laze

#12: Post by boar_d_laze »

The food selection should be appropriate for the time of the day. What time is your defense?

It should also be simple enough for someone else to handle for you, or for you to pick up ready to go. You have enough worry to about and your anxiety level will begin to peak as the defense approaches.

Finally, there should be a mix of sweets and savories. We both know that just about anything goes well with coffee so there are a wide array of choices. I suggest choosing a place to prepare your trays for you, some place you like, and allowing them to make the rest of the decisions.

Most defenses ceremonies are just that... ceremonies. The hazing ritual began with the third edit of your dissertation. That out of the way, you've suffered enough and it's been decided. You're going to get a PhD. But don't worry... you'll worry.

And doctor -- am I the first to call you doctor? -- congratulations.

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

BTD1986 (original poster)

#13: Post by BTD1986 (original poster) »

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it. So far I am thinking of making honeydew bread (like banana bread but with honeydew) and a fruit plate. It's going to be hot and humid here next Friday afternoon(when I defend) so I think that will be a good selection.