General question about the Artisan plots I see here on HB? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Rush

#11: Post by Rush »

Fire away any questions that come up. Marko, who runs the development of Artisan, is very busy. If we can help we would be happy to offload the work from him.

SSR is indeed solid state relay. I use a duty cycle of a percentage of 1s. For half power the SSR, and therefore the heating elements, are conducting for 0.5s, then off for 0.5s. This works well in roasters like mine. I have a 1 kilo Toper, called a Cafemino.

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by blondica73 »

Hey HB fellow bloggers, I just bought BC-5 roaster and would love to automate it. I've read the blog on the TJ-066, however, that is way to complicate it and I don't know how feasible it is on a BC-5 roaster. I had a Hottop and was very happy with the automation.

Tonefish (original poster)

#13: Post by Tonefish (original poster) replying to blondica73 »

Hi Christian, Just curious ... are you referring to automating the data collection for recording your profiling with Artisan or are you talking about Artisan controlling your roaster?
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

blondica73
Supporter ❤

#14: Post by blondica73 »

Artisan controlling the roaster

renatoa

#15: Post by renatoa »

Can Artisan or other tool do a plot using the data stored in a Mastech dual thermometer downloaded after the roast over USB?

EddyQ

#16: Post by EddyQ »

I've been using keyboard shortcuts and entering numbers 0-99 for fan and power. Fan being shortcut "R" and Power being shortcut "W".
I have a table close by where I convert my measured power in Watts to percent (0 Watts = 0% and 1,300W = 100%).
It is not as quick as buttons, but allows me to put finer data into the database. However, I may soon add buttons for fan settings. I typically only use 0%, 20%, 50%, 80% and 100%.
LMWDP #671

#17: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

EddyQ wrote:I've been using keyboard shortcuts and entering numbers 0-99 for fan and power. Fan being shortcut "R" and Power being shortcut "W".
Ed, How do you use keyboard shortcuts in Artisan?

EddyQ

#18: Post by EddyQ replying to Tonefish »

When running the roast, hit the "w" key (power should show above graph on left) and then a two digit number from 0 to 99. A power event will set to that number. Same for "r" which default name for fan. There are many other shortcuts as well.

https://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.c ... -v099.html
LMWDP #671

#19: Post by Tonefish (original poster) replying to EddyQ »

Nice! Thanks Ed!

#20: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

SJM wrote: Also, if/as/when you do searches, it would probably help if you were to call them 'profiles' not 'plots'.
Susan, As I learn more about this (thanks for helping me) I'm wondering about 'profiles.' Isn't the profile just the BT curve or are you saying that all the other curves are called profiles too?