Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 464

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DaumierS

#4631: Post by DaumierS »

Anonymous wrote:Congrats on the new setup. Will you be sharing a little review on your new GS3 and E10?

How much heat does the GS3 kick out of the top? Do you find it warms up your wine glasses??
Still experimenting with GS3 and several grinders, E10 is one of them. Amazing improvement and consistency! What a right decision was to upgrade! I am travelling this week, and after that will enjoy my summer break and coffee :)

Just received a VST III refractometer, will dig into it. We will see. Not sure about a review, though, not sure if an amateur can add anything to what was written here by the experts!

Thanks, BrooklynDopio!

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#4632: Post by uscfroadie »

FotonDrv wrote:I can tell you that the GS/3 puts out plenty of heat in the UP direction. I insulated the underside of the upper cabinets with a foil reflective bubble to keep the things (spices) in that cabinet cool.
I just broke out my thermometer with a thermocouple to measure the heat coming out of the machine, up against the bottom of my cabinets, and the temp inside the cabinets. Here are my measurements with the steam boiler set at 1.7 bar (260F), brew boiler at 200F. The cup warmer rack has cups on it

1) Rear left hole (right above the center of the steam boiler - 165F (by far the hottest)
2) Front left hole (right above the center of the steam boiler - 153F
3) Rear and front right side holes were the same - 154F
4) Under the cabinet sitting directly above the machine at a height of 17" - 105F at the back of the cabinet (against the wall) and 110F at the front of the cabinet. Weird in that it is cooler above the hottest hole of the cup warmer tray.
5) Inside the cabinet - 92F
6) Ambient room temp - 76F

Editing to add one more thing. I should add that the temps above the machine are not that bad most likely due to the breathable space above the machine. Keep in mind the height of the cup warmer tray is under 12", so that leaves a lot of space above the machine to breath. I place cups over the holes to catch the hot air. If I don't, the cups are barely warm.

I can tell you this; the heat from my LaCimbali Junior and its effects on my cabinets were about 100 times worse than with the GS/3. The LaCimbali's cup warmer tray left very little space for breathability. It destroyed the underside of my cabinet in just over 6 months.

Hope this helps.
Merle

Brodie

#4633: Post by Brodie »

Holy cow...I had no idea those put out that much heat.

Thanks for all those datapoints, I found that very interesting and helpful!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#4634: Post by FotonDrv »

Thanks Merle for the numbers. I knew it was hot but not the hottest I have seen/used. I would still consider a new GS/3 since it is the most versatile machine for the buck.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

stahlee

#4635: Post by stahlee »

uscfroadie wrote:I just broke out my thermometer with a thermocouple to measure the heat coming out of the machine, up against the bottom of my cabinets, and the temp inside the cabinets. Here are my measurements with the steam boiler set at 1.7 bar (260F), brew boiler at 200F. The cup warmer rack has cups on it

1) Rear left hole (right above the center of the steam boiler - 165F (by far the hottest)
2) Front left hole (right above the center of the steam boiler - 153F
3) Rear and front right side holes were the same - 154F
4) Under the cabinet sitting directly above the machine at a height of 17" - 105F at the back of the cabinet (against the wall) and 110F at the front of the cabinet. Weird in that it is cooler above the hottest hole of the cup warmer tray.
5) Inside the cabinet - 92F
6) Ambient room temp - 76F

Editing to add one more thing. I should add that the temps above the machine are not that bad most likely due to the breathable space above the machine. Keep in mind the height of the cup warmer tray is under 12", so that leaves a lot of space above the machine to breath. I place cups over the holes to catch the hot air. If I don't, the cups are barely warm.

I can tell you this; the heat from my LaCimbali Junior and its effects on my cabinets were about 100 times worse than with the GS/3. The LaCimbali's cup warmer tray left very little space for breathability. It destroyed the underside of my cabinet in just over 6 months.

Hope this helps.
I have my GS3 on all the time and the cabinets above it stay very warm. I also don't place my latte cups on the machine, I leave them in the cabinet because they stay warm.

idrinkjetfuel

#4636: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

GiZmo wrote:Beautiful setup, BTW did you remove the LUCCA label from the front of the machine?
It's actually not a label; I believe it's laser etched. I made the mistake of using some metal polish. Nice mirror finish, but it took most of the logo clean off.

Hooah

#4637: Post by Hooah »

I didn't have my Profitec Pro800 long but I had the opportunity to get a GS3 at wholesale. I'm curious about a Mythos One but the Mazzer Major has been fantastic. So far it's been a very fun coffee journey.

cycomachead

#4638: Post by cycomachead »

Zawaya_T wrote:It's a cup/jug rinser with drip tray and drain. Going to set up a flojet/5 gallon bottle to feed it as well as a small faucet for drinking water. Not planning to plumb in machine though.
I'd love to see a post about using a flojet and bottle for a cup rinser. I've wanted one so badly (for no particular reason!), but an unable to plumb something in with the apartment I have.

I've recently moved, and I posted my setup a year ago, I've upgraded a few things.

I've decked out my mini with some awesome Walnut parts from Pantechnicon design, as well as the Acaia drip tray and taller legs. It's amazing!

That's my favorite 8oz travel cup from Ritual. It's just about the right height for the mini with a bottomless PF.

I've decided placing the grinder and machine opposite is the best use of counter space + being close to the sink.So far I think it works OK. :)
The mini hopper on the Robur works surprisingly well, even when not super full. Internally, I've paid the dear price and put in the auger. Not really sure it's worth it for the home, but I had to try!

Zawaya_T

#4639: Post by Zawaya_T »

cycomachead wrote:I'd love to see a post about using a flojet and bottle for a cup rinser. I've wanted one so badly (for no particular reason!), but an unable to plumb something in with the apartment I have.

I've recently moved, and I posted my setup a year ago, I've upgraded a few things.

I've decked out my mini with some awesome Walnut parts from Pantechnicon design, as well as the Acaia drip tray and taller legs. It's amazing!

<image>
I've decided placing the grinder and machine opposite is the best use of counter space + being close to the sink.So far I think it works OK. :)
The mini hopper on the Robur works surprisingly well, even when not super full. Internally, I've paid the dear price and put in the auger. Not really sure it's worth it for the home, but I had to try!
Beautiful set up/mods... love how such small details make such a big difference.

The rinser/flojet/bottle combo works perfect. I have it on the shops event stand. One bottle to feed the linea PB. 1 bottle to the flojet to feed the rinser and barista drinking water tap. And one empty bottle as a drain... for home I would say it's a big win if you don't want to plumb it in.

thecoffeefield

#4640: Post by thecoffeefield »

Zawaya_T wrote:<image>First post, brand new table!
Beautiful setup! Can you provide a link for the table?