La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription - Madcap Third Coast Espresso - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
nuketopia

#11: Post by nuketopia »

Grind fine for a slow pull, like 40+ seconds seems to bring out the best with these beans. Balanced sweet/bright. Becomes more bright to tart on faster pulls.

escape

#12: Post by escape »

MadCap is local to me. I tried their Third Coast blend a while back, but somehow couldn't get it dialed in correctly on my Breville 870XL, so I came away unimpressed. I will have to give it another go one of these days and experiment some more.

Advertisement
wsurfn

#13: Post by wsurfn »

Final comment. I never got much tartness with my setup and water. I did find the balance change toward bitterness over time. I ground a little coarser and dosed less to help. Just finished it up yesterday. Always drinkable, but I like my go to blend best and it seems to last me much longer. Fun to try, and looking forward to the next one.

RockyIII (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by RockyIII (original poster) »

wsurfn wrote: . . . but I like my go to blend best and it seems to last me much longer. Fun to try, and looking forward to the next one.
Same here. I am not really looking for a permanent change, but it is fun to try new and different beans.

Rocky

michael

#15: Post by michael »

wsurfn wrote:Final comment. I never got much tartness with my setup and water. I did find the balance change toward bitterness over time. I ground a little coarser and dosed less to help. Just finished it up yesterday. Always drinkable, but I like my go to blend best and it seems to last me much longer. Fun to try, and looking forward to the next one.
whats your go to blend 8)

wsurfn

#16: Post by wsurfn »

There are a lot of great ones out there. My current go to is Cat and Cloud's The Answer.

JavaRanger

#17: Post by JavaRanger replying to wsurfn »

I got a bag of C&C's BRAZIL FAZENDA CACHOEIRA, LOT #2. Its great, 19g in, 33g's out in 28 seconds.

For this months Third Coast...
My recipe for 1st bag: 18.5g in, 200f 36g out in about 31
My recipe for 2nd bag: 18.5g in, 200f 36g out in about 39

I preferred the 2nd in shots, however both recipes were very good for a cap 5-6oz cap. I prefer a 5oz cap usually, so that was my initial baseline.

All and all a fine roast they I enjoyed trying that I have never had before. I've only had Madcap SO's at local cafe's, so it was nice to try their blend.

Next month is Four Barrel, I have two mugs of theirs that make me laugh really hard.