Nick Cho teases new filter cone design - Page 6

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
Bob_McBob

#51: Post by Bob_McBob »

The December Dripper has been available to order worldwide for the last week. As of the latest Kickstarter update they were "scrambling" to ship rewards by the end of June without a solid date in place. I saved a grand total of $4 after shipping for the privilege of being one of the first backers :roll:

https://www.decembercoffee.com/blank-1
Chris

johnny4lsu

#52: Post by johnny4lsu »

That's sad actually.

Bob_McBob

#53: Post by Bob_McBob »

Today's update says shipping has been delayed until July, but the new silicone sleeve will be included for free.

Chris

yakster
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by yakster »

Got mine, like it so far. Need to spend more time with it. The flow adjusts smoothly and easily.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

kruzilla

#55: Post by kruzilla »

Just used mine for the first time and set it to 0 to pre-soak. The coffee started leaking out the bottom in between the cone and the adjustment ring quite badly. Has anyone else encountered this?

Cafeneo

#56: Post by Cafeneo replying to kruzilla »

Mine drips just slightly. But per the little card that came with the dripper this is normal. If dripping a lot then probably needs the central nut tightened.
Funny I just spent 10 min measuring flow rate at varying aperture openings vs Kalita to get equivalency settings. For me 1.8 (or thereabouts) is very close to Kalita. From there one can go up or down depending on wants/needs. Hoping others can corroborate.

kruzilla

#57: Post by kruzilla »

Ah. That must be it. I glanced at the card that came with it but didn't read it closely. Thanks!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#58: Post by yakster »

I don't notice dripping on stage 0 but I do notice leakage between the two parts. The leakage is minor, but I may try tightening the fastener to resolve this.

I was able to achieve a much longer contact time this morning by using a 0.5 setting after the bloom.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

tglodjo

#59: Post by tglodjo »

I know the instructions say that there might be some drips even at a 0 setting, but this happens to me even at setting 2. Will tightening the nut fix this? Yesterday and this morning both, if I'm not on 3, then this happens.

EDIT: And right after posting I checked my email to find the latest Kickstarter update with a video on the fix. Looks like I'm gonna have to take a hammer to my dripper... :| https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ni ... ect_update

yakster
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by yakster »

I think the drips refer to dripping out the bottom while the side leakage shouldn't happen at all. I'll be reaching for a hammer soon, as soon as I have some more roasted coffee to brew.

I saw in the update that they're going to offer a slower drip gasket, I could use that, wish it was included and not an upgrade, oh well.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272